Kitchenware and outlook of a kitchen are incomplete without a stunning countertop. You should be expecting a stunning slab over the kitchen front. It will definitely be unobvious to have an ordinary concrete slate in front of the kitchen façade. As there is a great variety in kitchen and general counterparts. So, sometimes- it becomes hard to make a countertop comparison.
Obviously, having a good deal of sense of countertops gives you a better sense to make your final choice. But in order to make a sound choice, you will be needing some logical and apparently beautiful designs to have your favorite top.
What is the Difference B/W Marble & Quartz Countertop?
In order to get a better idea about the countertop of marble. You need to know the apparent surface and structure of the marble. In simple words, marble is a natural stone that has a chemical composition of different calcium, potassium and granite chemical elements. When you make a final decision on choosing this type of countertop- then you will have to think about the design and pattern.
Being naturally found around the world—marble has got to be available in various colors and patterns. The marble is carved and crafted to turn into a countertop.
Whereas the matter of quartz countertop is concerned, Quartz countertops need a low-maintenance requirement, it seems to be perfect for any sort of busy kitchen. As it is fundamentally made from the strongest natural mineral that is found on earth and mixed with resin, being nonporous, resistant to stain and easy to clean.
You will never need to seal, recondition or polish them after once you have installed. Quartz Countertop is presently in high use since the New Year 2020 has risen.
Quartz vs Marble Comparison Table.
When we talk about the marble countertop there are a good number of advantages and benefits of countertop made from marble. As we have already discussed, marble is a natural stone that is instilled in it several naturally found substances.
Therefore, they make it with a unique resemblance with natural scenic views and patterns. Let’s discuss some of the useful pros of the marble countertop.
- Naturally Found Stone.
- No Harmful Chemical Mixture
- It offers a huge range of traditional and natural elegance
- Due to being highly resistant to stains, it does not emit any radon
- Its Resale Value is really encouraging.
- Huge range of designs and patterns
- Easy to clean
- Non Porous surface
- Sealant to Water
- Can bear Heat
- Longer Durability
- Low Maintenance
Like everything else Marble has some drawbacks. These drawbacks render it to be less commendable for modern uses. Therefore, people find the marble countertop less adoptive for kitchen and general uses.
- Not available in Simple and Plain Color
- It begins to darken up with the passage of time
- Wears down after months of uses.
- It has also a drawback of having chipping and cracks proneness.
- Seams are hard to match with rest of the marble slabs
- Some chemical substances have a tendency to damage it.
- Comparatively more expensive
- It requires sealing and resealing
- Watermarks may stay adhered
- Not favorable for Outdoor use
- Hard to move—immobile.
Marble Countertop takes $3000-$4500 per 30 square feet including labor cost.
Quartz has its own joys and bumps. In the modern scenario, quartz has been started as the best choice for homeowners.
Let’s discuss the pros and Cons:
- Favorable and Variety in Colors and Patterns
- Much easier and efficient to match seams while installation
- More heat resistant as compared to marble
- It has a non-porous surface
- Being easy to maintain, it takes fewer charges of maintenance
- It doesn’t need sealing
- Great resale value
- Polishing and Resealing option
- Affordable and Cost-effective
- High in demand
- Handyman easily available
Now we move towards its cons that definitely you should be aware of to make a decision to install this sort of countertop.
- It starts getting yellowish and pale if exposed to direct sunlight.
- Comparatively heavier than granite
- Not usable for outdoor
- Labor and Installation Cost may vary
It normally costs $3800-$5000 per 30 square feet which is higher than that of the marble countertop.